Have you ever wondered what makes Minky blankets so much more special than other blankets? People are willing to pay more for a Minky blanket, and you may be wondering why. Today we’ll tell you how this fabric and material are different, and why we think it’s worth the investment.
How is Minky Fabric Different?
As you may know, Minky fabric is a type of fleece. It’s 100% polyester, making it ideal for blankets, throw pillows and even quilt backing. But how is Minky fabric different? Minky is softer and warmer than regular fleece. That’s why we call them blankets that feel like hugs!
Is Minky the Same as Cuddle Fleece?
Minky fabric is also known as cuddle fleece, which is why it is often used for baby blankets and loveys, slippers, mittens, and even car seat liners. You can choose this fabric with a short or long pile depending on the warmth and variation you would like in your Minky fabric.
Types of Minky Fabric
Depending on what you’re looking for, there’s a Minky fabric that’s right for you. Typically, the fabric or blanket is more expensive, it’s a higher quality fabric that is less likely to pill over time. And since you’ll be cuddling your Minky a lot, you want to be sure it stays soft and warm!
These three shorter pile Minky fabrics make great seat liners, baby clothes, cuddle blankets, and loveys. Shorter pile Minky fabric is less warm than longer pile, but it’s still incredibly cozy.
- Smooth Minky: choose this Minky fabric for uniform pile length that is smooth to the touch.
- Minky Dot: this popular Minky fabric features raised dots in a uniform pattern, and it is smooth.
- Minky Rose Swirl: choose this Minky fabric if you’re looking for a longer length. The fibers resemble a rose pattern.
For the warmest Minky options, choose one of the following longer pile fabrics:
- Sherpa Minky: this Minky fabric is popular for use as a liner on warm-weather clothing and accessories. Sherpa Minky is known for its soft texture and long pile.
- Minky Stripe: if you’re looking for a fabric that resembles animal fur, this is a great choice. It has a very long pile.
Other Ways Minky Fabric is Different
Minky fabric has other unique characteristics besides its texture. Another way Minky fabric is different is its construction; this fabric has a lot of give, and is single-sided fabric. Thanks to how durable Minky fabric is, it can withstand repeated washing and still maintain its warmth and coziness. No matter who you’re purchasing a Minky blanket for, we’re sure it will be loved and appreciated for how unique it is.